no spark 2000 virage tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no spark 2000 virage tx

so far. checked start/stop switch& lanyard switch (neither over .4 ohms), grounds, spark plug wire ends, jumped p/r to orange term (no spark), turned over w/bilge depressed. Unplugged stator harness- hooked 9v batt. to brown wire and grey(-). checked red, blue, & geen. sharp drop at each trigger as I manually rotated flywheel- open loop to 107 ohms. checked purple & black at pins, had 6ohms. I also checked red, blue, & gr to ground my meter reads O.L. -Where from here? Is stator output read as a/c voltage at yellow wire? do I need dva? or is there an easier way to check stator. Any other resistance checks? I'm not sure how to check ign coil-but I did check each plug wire to ground and each was about 7ohm. Has fresh battery, has not been underwater, info center works fine, flywheel cover off-no moisture. customer bike, suppose to be done, I ordered manual-won't have it for couple weeks-help. Parts are fairly expensive and dont want to make mistake between cdi and stator. Thanks-jim jimandstacy@webcomet.com

Re: no spark 2000 virage tx

http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ighlight=diode

Check this out. Not sure if this is your problem.

Comment

Thanks for your response-much appreciated. But, unfortunately I had tried this and did'nt work. Would you or someone know if the st/stop regulator module can cause a now spark situation? How to test it? thanks
      Last edited by jim fleming; 09-27-2005, 11:13 PM. Reason: add ques

Comment

Re: no spark 2000 SLX FL

Jim,

Have you checked the grey connector coming from the stator? I had the same problem with my SLX. There was a little corrosion in there. I used a strand of wire to clean it (black ground wire). However, I have a new problem. I used to be able to turn the motor with the plug grounded and it would ONLY fire on wind down. The connector and an extra ground fixed that.

New Spark issue...I just had it startled not 2 hrs ago and the spark isn't coming up at all during cranking or wind down (My Definition= When you let off the starter button and the engine is turning ending it's rpm)

Things I have read so far today...

Kill switch grounded (check continuity)
        Recall for coil jumper (check the dealer)
        Stator http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=25729
        a. Replace stator
        b. Replace stator and CDI
        Spark Plug wire burnt
        :emoticonn

I have two skis so I don't have to buy parts (yet). The weird thing that is happening is the display is reading hot! The damnthing hasn't run in a month! I don't think it's like a car where if a check engine light is set then it disables the spark to save the motor?

Sorry for the rant. I hope its something easy.

Charlie

Comment

Here is the deal. I get home from work and hit the starter after the charger has been on for a few hours. The motor turns and the plugs see spark.:emoticont After pressing the start button twice, no more spark is seen at the plugs. :emoticonr

The only thing that makes sense is if the batt voltage is low but it doen't indicate anything less than 12.6volts so that shouldn't be the culprit. This thing is aggrevating. Who makes a decent ski with little to no electrical issues??
          Anyway, I ordered a tech manual and plan on scanning and posting the specs for testing electrical here on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Polarisless
            Who makes a decent ski with little to no electrical issues??
            Any manufacturer EXCEPT Polaris!
            John Kubiak
            Powersports Technical Training Professional
            Las Vegas, Nevada
            Sea-Doo Tech 13736
            PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
            PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
            NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
            Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

True:emoticonc This thing has been a nightmare since day one. I bought it from my buddy who stated it ran fine before he sunk it. Since then I put 3 motors in it (Did I mention I bought it in July of 05)

1st motor died do to oil pump commiting suicide.

2nd motor died because the specs were wrong in the SBT install torque requirements.

3rd? Will not start (yet). I think the old lady is going to leave me over it.

Things I have tried. Obvious (CDI, coil, stator, jumper wire, grounds)

Also tried praying, cursing at it and throwing objects at it a few times.

Still no spark. I took it to my local dealer and this is my best impression
              of what they said -->:emoticonl My ski

So once it starts, its gone:emoticonwUnless I can figure out the cause
              Last edited by Polarisless; 09-30-2005, 11:32 PM. Reason: gramatical errors

Comment

I think I found the problem. For all Polaris owners try this...

Connect a battery charger to your ski. Using either the MFD or a Mutlimeter wait until you see a solid 14 volts. Press the starter. The first 2 smacks of the starter should result in spark at the plug. The moment current drops below 13.3 volts the plugs will not fire. I am attaching a video of the occurance.

I know that while the engine is running the ski sees about 14.1 on my ski.

Now the tricky part. How do I correct this issue?

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/att...achmentid=2130

Comment

Working...
                X