Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sealing the upper intake manifold cover ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealing the upper intake manifold cover ?

I was wondering what everyone uses to seal the upper "airbox" cover ? It is the long rectangle plastic cover that is screwed down and covers the carbs and screen. I hope you know what I mean. I looked through parts diagrams and there just isn't a gasket for this cover and I just wonder why.
    It is on a 93' SL750 but I would guess the other polaris models around this year are the same.
    What are you suppose to use for a sealant ?
    Thanks,
    Raz

Re: Sealing the upper intake manifold cover ?

The top and bottom surfaces of the breather element should be rubber and act as the seal for both the cover and bottom plate. There is no need for any sealant.

KJ

Comment

Evidently I am missing something , all I have is the steel screen that sits down in the bottom half.

Is there suppose to be some type of filter ?

Thanks,
      Raz

Comment

Item #4
        http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...L-750-AIR-VENT

Comment

I am talking about a seal between # 1 and #5 , I do have all the components shown , #3 and #4 fit together and then they both fit down in a recess in #5 .

When I took #1 off , it only had blue RTV between it and #5 .
          Make any sense ?
          According to the parts diagram , I do have all the parts . Just trying to figure out why there wouldn't be a gasket between #1 and #5.

Thanks,
          Raz

Comment

no sealant necessary. no filter necessary. just the screen that is a flame arrestor.

Comment

Working...
            X