Lower Rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Rpms

I have a 96 SL900, just got it running about a month ago, been trying to tune it in, I'm only getting around 6200 rpms, I have premixed the gas, and haven't burned throught that tank yet, and yes I have the oil injection still hooked up, it works fine, I just wanted to be safe since I had the engien out and replaced all the lines. Would that extra oil limit my rpm's? I have milled and re squished heads 155 psi, v force reeds, HSP water box, blue printed cyinders , wisco pistons, carbs have been rebuilt with new kits, hot seat CDI box, a nu jet 6.0 prop, bored out exit nozzle with a AAT on. any ideas? open for anything, thanks

Re: Lower Rpms

I replaced the fuel lines and vents also, It had 1/4 marine fuel line I replaced it with 1/4 regular fuel line, is there a difference? it did seem tighter, I wasn't sure casue the old hoses looked, well old and stretched.

Comment

yes, extra oil could hurt your performance. get it broken in, with time your RPM's should come up.

make sure your carbs are adjusted properly.

zig
      please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

I have the kehlin cdkII no high speed adjusters, I was told those carbs came rich and not to re jet it. the plugs look okay a little dirty which I'm assuming is cause of the oil. If it was too lean on the high side I would have detonation right?

Comment

Working...
        X