Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forward reverse lever

:emoticonc Hey guys

I took out the skis out yesterday mine is a 02 virage-i and when i went to throw the thing into reverse i pulled the lever and now it spins free. i am unsure on how exstensive it will be to remove the whole steering assembly to get down to that part and whether or not i can even fix that thing myself does anyone now how it connects to the cable that pulls it to engage the drop plate behind the jet. is it like a quick connect or is it on some sort of ully or should i take it to a dealer and pay out the nose to have it done....

thanks for any help i can get.

firebrad

Re: forward reverse lever

i just found the part diagram on partsland .com and it appears that there are alot of parts included in the handle assembly, still wondering if i am gong to be bitting off more then i can chew on this one...... and any advice on the problem or possible fixes that would not intell ripping it down to nothing but lots of parts would be appreciative.

thanks firebrad

Comment

It seems to me it would be worth your while to at least take a peek at it before taking it to the stealer. Handle might be cracked at the mounting area and letting it spin on the shaft. Find it, take it off, get a new one and put it on. Tons of time and money saved. Spend the extra dollars elsewhere.

Whats the worst case scenario? You see what the problem is, and can't or don't want to touch it for fear of making more of a mess. At that point you take it to the dealer, and show them the problem and let them fix it.

Comment

Appreciate It I Am Going To Take The Chance And See What Comes Of It.

Comment

alot of peoples reverse hood breaks off when jumoing wakes
          :emoticonb

Comment

took the handle off and now realize i am in for one hell of a job on this one, the shaft that runs back to the gear in the mecanizim that pulls the hood up and down was snapped off at the handle and the shaft is part of about 60 pieces by the way the scematic looks. so now i have to take it all apart to get to this shaft and then put all the **** back togther again..

wish me luck
            brad

Comment

The cable itself is not cheap either. Sorry to hear it wasn't an easy fix for ya.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X