94 SLT 750 Run/Stop problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 SLT 750 Run/Stop problem

I recently bought a 94 slt 750 and have problems that maybe someone here can help with. When I first put it in the water, it would not run well. Idle was ok but would die occasionally. Baby the gas and it would start to go and then quit abruptly. Couple times, it tried to go. Sounded like not all cylinders. Did a search on here and figured it was the fuel pump as it was stock with the auto shutoff still intalled. Replaced the fuel pump and removed autoshutoff with Mikuni 3 out.
    Ran much better today. Got up to speed several times but still quitting abruptly. Sometimes would run for 2-3 min. before quitting. Plugs are still a little dark but not wet/oily anymore. Carb rebuild? Any ideas?
    Jeff

Re: 94 SLT 750 Run/Stop problem

Do the basics first!....compression, fuel quality, fuel delivery, ignition. With a triple, you should also check the indexing of the crankshaft, to verify if the crankshaft is twisted.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 95 SLT 750 Run/Stop problem

I have the same problem with my 95.I got a fuel pump with 3 outlets on it hooked it up and i have the same problem,go flat out for a while then it just stops or almost stops.And then is it realy hard to start.I thought it might be overheating but i just flushed everything out.i don't know.

Comment

How about the possibility of air in the fuel system?
        I put a three output pump on my SL 750 in it's original location. It would run OK on the trailer but not in the water.
        I then moved it in the lowest location in the ski. I attached it to the RH web in front of the battery. No more problems.
        Lastly....is the restrictor installed in the return line to the tank???

Comment

where are you guys finding a three out pump and what kind of output per hour does it have compared to the stock unit ?

Thanks,
          Raz

Comment

I have a slt750,i got a second hand 3 outlet pump that the guy said was for my ski.When i got a manual i worked out it was the wrong one,it was the one off a 780 so i made some changes to the fuel lines and made it work.My ski still cut out when going flat out.No restrictor in the fuel line,so i made one up and also straped the return line up before it enters the tank above the level of the carbies.All sweat now.;)

Comment

Working...
            X