need HELP Winter Prep for Polaris 94 750SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need HELP Winter Prep for Polaris 94 750SL

HELP, I need help with the antifrezze that is put into the water lines and cylinder heads, what line do I pour it in? Other information or help would be great. Thanks!

Re: need HELP Winter Prep for Polaris 94 750SL

none is needed. page through the tech articles and you will find great instructions.

Comment

My Clymer manual says to pour about 1/2 gal anti freeze(enviromental safe) -stuff used for motor homes- in the fitting(flushing connection) where you screw the hose into while running , the ski, on the trailer.( 1994 models and on )

You'll have to rig up something with a funnel to get it in there though.

Hope this helps ( or maybe confuses- vrs the last post )

Comment

Ahh yes. This is actually a pretty hot debate if you read the other sections. It basically boils down to personal preference. Personally, i never use it, just make sure i blip the gas before i fog it to get the water out of the exh. I am in jersey and it gets well below freezing. Never a problem.

I would suggest searching the topic and read up. You can see all teh other posts to guide you in your decisison.

good luck :emoticont :beer

Comment

I do use anifreeze. I use the flush connector which is a 90 degree angle and a funnel to pour it in. I pour slowly with the motor off until I get a little dripping out of the jet pump. I got my info from Clymer also. Does it really say to do it while running? I thought it indicated the motor should be off. If it's running you only got a few seconds to get your antifreeze in before you really shouldn't be running that motor anymore.
          WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
          Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
          Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

Just to throw it out there, i have the original 1994 polaris owners manual, and it does not mention anything about antifreeze. I could possibly take some pictures and post them if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by addicted
              Just to throw it out there, i have the original 1994 polaris owners manual, and it does not mention anything about antifreeze. I could possibly take some pictures and post them if anyone is interested.
              I'm sure you could get away without antifreeze if you are sure the cooling system is blown out (like you should do everytime it comes out of the water). IMHO - the stuff is cheap insurance as far as I am concerned. Just part of the process of putting it to bed for the winter. To each his own!
              WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
              Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
              Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

Working...
              X