HotSeat Performance waterbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotSeat Performance waterbox

hey guys... i have an SLX780 1995 and want to know if it can be dangerous for the motor to put an HotSeat Performance Waterbox.. I have no mods in my engine! want to put it for a little more sound :) and it give like 3hp i think so not bad for the price i can get it!

Re: HotSeat Performance waterbox

Dangerous?? Probably only when your neighbor sneaks over one night after hearing your machine all day and pulls the electrical box out the quick way :)

Seriously, I don't think the waterbox would hurt anything, but I also don't think you're going to gain 3 hp solely by doing this either. You will get noticed though, if that's what you want. ;)

Comment

IMHO - if you are largely after sound - skip it. I ride an ATV - and I am not "PC" becuase the community at large feels that they trample all over the environment, and cause noise pollution (maybe because of people removing flame arrestors and putting crazy loud exhaust pipes on them??) Watercraft have a pretty bad rap in a lot of places already. Increasing sound only feeds into hysteria that will eventually attack these leisure time activities also. Keep your head down for the benefit of all. Again, just IMHO
      WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
      Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
      Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

I'm with scottso 100% on this one. Besides, it would sound like an angry honda with a fart pipe. . . not exactly the sound of performance. Hearing that for a few hours would make me insane!

If you want a power boost through the exhaust, try to find a set of tripple pipes.

Comment

I have a 1995 SLX780.I had an acceleration problem with mine until I put the Hotseat Performance waterbox on mine.My old original waterbox must have been getting plugged up.Now it accelerates more predictably and faster.It sounds like a Harley on the water.Turns heads at the boat ramp when I start it.It was a good investment for me.Noise doesn't bother me,makes me want to punch it!

Comment

Originally posted by 2000r
            hey guys... i have an SLX780 1995 and want to know if it can be dangerous for the motor to put an HotSeat Performance Waterbox.. I have no mods in my engine! want to put it for a little more sound :) and it give like 3hp i think so not bad for the price i can get it!
            use the stock motor can no be dangerous!!! yes give 3 hp because the waterbox give more backpressure (backpressure = HP:emoticont )
            For the noise :emoticonc i don't know??:emoticonn

Comment

Finally i didnt put the Hot Seat Waterbox...got a DG for pretty cheap on ebay...will let you know what its sound like!

:)

Comment

LOL, still way loud. I used to have one of those and the Hot Seat unit, until the noise beat me down. It really does get loud after a few hours, your ears will be ringing and you'll be going "whad' you say?"

I used to love the noise when I was at a local lake and there were never any noise/pollution/MTB's hassles. Man all of this crap probably killed some companies or at least their water box sales.

Comment

2000R, you from quebec?? you speak french??
                  comment tu trouve ton polaris 780??? coté positif et negatif???
                  a tu modifier quelque chose la dans???

Comment

Working...
                  X