Ski Tow Hook on SL 750 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski Tow Hook on SL 750 ???

Has anyone installed a ski tow hook on a SL 750 ?

Is the hull thick enough, at the rear, so it won't crack ?

I can't use the hole, on the rear shelf, 'cause of the step that is installed.

Been tying kids stuff to the grab handle.

Re: Ski Tow Hook on SL 750 ???

As far as i know the hole in the rear step is the only place, if at all. Here in jersey, and from what i understand elsewhare that you can only tow with a 3 seater. Reason being 1 person driving, one spotting, and one empty seat for the skiier. Might be a coast guard requirement. If you keep towing by the grab bar, you WILL crack the hull. Mine started cracking right where the fuel selector is.

Comment

Originally posted by dierdorf
      Has anyone installed a ski tow hook on a SL 750 ?

Is the hull thick enough, at the rear, so it won't crack ?

I can't use the hole, on the rear shelf, 'cause of the step that is installed.

Been tying kids stuff to the grab handle.
      Dierdorf - I'm sure you'd have to reinforce the back area from the inside before you try this, check your laws before towing though, and if the kids are small it's probably doable (on a very small scale).

If you are in any way interested I do have the stainless tow hook from a parted 1995 SLT 750 that I'd sell you. $10 + ship cost.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal, Show Me.

I've been towing small kids. Glad someone clued me in about towing from the grab handle.

Give me your address, I'll send you a money order for it.

Or reply to dorf@ipa.net. (Quitman, AR for shiping)

Your e-mail will problbly go into a Spam blocker, but I will eventually get it.

Comment

I'll email ya, what's your actual zipcode? I would only charge actual cost, shouldn't be much.

I also have a good grab bar in purple too, if you've broken yours already. But again its for a 95 SLT though....not sure if it will work.

Comment

Zip is, 72131.

My handle isn't broken.

Thanks !

Comment

Dierdorf:

Sent you an email.

Comment

YES!!! You will need to reinforce the back portion of the ski before you install this...I used a piece of 3/4" steel plating that measures 3" tall and 4" wide...it works pretty well for towing anyone under 150lbs...if that doesn't work, I have a ski pylon that will work on your ski...I do not have pictures of it installed on mine, but it worked very very well for towing my friend (250lbs) while on a wake board...it is also adjustable in height...let me know if you are interested and i will send you a pic and a price...

BarefootPolaris

Comment

I backed out of the ski tow hook from ShowMePro, after actually looking at the inside back of my ski.

It is pretty thin back there, it is actually pretty flexable.

I'm going to fabricate a new wide strap that attaches to the rear grab handle(like I've been doing) to pull kids.

I just don't understand how(doing that) it could cause the ski to crack. It is built like a tank in that area and the handle is secured with 4 bolts.

But please post a picture of the ski pylon for all to see. I've never seen one.

Thanks !!!

Comment

The Picture is attached...It mounts in three seperate spots as seen in the photo...Two of the mounts will actually be mounting right under the four bolts for the grab handle, which as you know is a very solid area and the last mount is mounted directly to the floor of your ski 1/2" in front of the small rear eyelet...

These things are very aggressive and very stable, however, it is alot easier to flip the ski over if you have unexperienced skiers behind your ski...it does work for inflatables, although it says not to, but you do have to be extremely cautious...

The other attached pictures is of the pylon itself...these are the only photos I have and like I said, they dont make this product anymore, so anyone interested in this one, please email me and i will give you a qoute...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X