This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 SL650 Plug Type

I am wondering what NGK plug I should use in my 92 SL650. I have 3 manuals from 3 different Companies (OEM Polaris Service Manual and 2 aftermarkets ones) 1 says to use BR8ES(polaris) the other says BPR7ES(Aftermarkets) they look pretty much the same I know the heat range is different, but I do not know what the P stands for.

Thanks

Howie

Re: 1992 SL650 Plug Type

the "P" is for protruding electrode or something like that. Basically the threads are longer. Search for spark plugs in this forum. The consensus it that polaris issued a TSB changing the spec to the BPR8ES because the quality and additives in gas have changed.

Comment

I use NGK BPR8ES in my 92 650 and have never had a plug related problem. The "P" is for projected insulator type, as described at NGK's website. I would run the 8's just to be safe as they are cooler, unless of course u have further mods that require a warmer heat range. FYI: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...tnumberkey.pdf
      Got Wake!

Comment

Thank you for the info. It is not that modified since they do not make many items for for this model. I have just the usual upgrades, a new Solas prop, aftermarket flame arrestors, TDR waterbox, oil pump block off, & fuel pump upgrade.

Comment

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X