This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 sl 750 oil pump

ive got a 93 sl 750 witch i bought of my friend as my first ski.
    he had already rebuilt the engine twice but over a 7 year period, i then had it fresshly built and had a lot of fun on it but after about 5 hours use the engine cut out on me and wouldnt crank. later found that #2 piston was stuck solid in the bore and the con rod had pulled out of the piston and smashed it. the engine as completely re built naw with new crank pistons bores everything.....
    the only thing im not sure about is that on my particular model the oil injection pump is a fixed ratio one theres no accelerator cabal on it for engine demand witch is why ive been told it has broken down and needed so many rebuilds due to an inseficant oil on demand so ive been recommended to do away with the oil pump and blank the casing and just run it on pre mix....
    any one else had a problem like this?

Re: 93 sl 750 oil pump

Go to pwctoday.com and search for polaris fuel pump and oil pump block-off. It is recomended to install and higher volume fuel pump and block off the oil pump and run pre-mix 40:1 ratio.

Comment

ive already done away with the fuel pump and fitted an electric fuel pump witch works great on it cause i used it last season like that before the engine went on me and naw im looking at the oil pump ive been recomended to run it at 25:1

Comment

Originally posted by twttom
        ive already done away with the fuel pump and fitted an electric fuel pump witch works great on it cause i used it last season like that before the engine went on me and naw im looking at the oil pump ive been recomended to run it at 25:1
        40:1 3.2oz to each gallon us is 25:1 liters?
        Remove the oil pump and drive gear with bushing from crankcase then fabricate or buy a plate with gasket to seal the hole in the crankcase

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Comment

thank you verry much will definitly try it..

nice one:beer

Comment

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X