overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheating

Put the ski in the lake today to begin break-in, after about 5 mins at idle I began to get a overheating message on read out...shut it off immediately and pulled seat off, everything looked good,didn't seem extremely hot to touch,was running good.I checked intake for blockage but it looked good. Can you give me a direction to follow, It never had overheating issues. Could temp sensor have gone bad in process? appreciate any help

Re: overheating

The sensor may be bad, but you would notice a very hot engine and possibly smoke and discoloration if you are really overheating. Do you have water coming out the pisser?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Is there a way to see water coming out of the pisser while in the water or do you have to check while flushing?

Comment

Yes you should see water out the pisser while in the water under power.

Comment

Ok, I'll have to get it back in the water.I was barely in the idleing stage, so did not know if it would be easy to see since it doesn't shoot up out of water like yamaha does...thanks will get in in water and see. As long as water is coming out of pisser it is fine?

Comment

The Yamaha spout is not it's pisser, that's separate. It takes some throttle to see the pisser water.

Comment

Alright, to keep from making a wasted trip to try again, how do I differentiate between the pisser water and the pump water? all exhaust seems to come out one opening so afraid I will get it out and not be able to distinguish between them. appreciate your patience!

If pisser is working, would the next step be to replace the temp sensor?

Comment

THe pisser on the ski is not near the exhaust. It's usually on the side of the hull or out the back by the seat. It's just a small stream of water as an indicator/relief dump.

Comment

Wanted to update progress:

I got ahold of polaris today, Virage has no pisser. Recommended removing the thermostat and so far it seems to have worked...thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X