1994 SL 750 Weak Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 SL 750 Weak Spark

I have spark to all plugs. My jetski is missing all the time and high and low speed. It runs at about 85% all the time. I want 100%. Anyone have a suggestion?

Re: 1994 SL 750 Weak Spark

Verify your compression, and your battery voltage while idling. Did this start all of a sudden? What's the history?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
      Verify your compression, and your battery voltage while idling. Did this start all of a sudden? What's the history?
      A ideal I have 14.5 volts DC. Compression good. Fresh gas, new ignition coils and caps. Changed out fuel pump with good one. Ohmed out stator (OK). Changed CDI with on from E-Bay. They said CDI worked fine. Replaced oil seal in crankcase. Clean carbs. Battery has been load tested. One weard thing is electronic gauge shows low power but I checked and it has 14.5 volts to gauge. I think it is not working anymore. I had a service man look at jetski it and he said weak spark cause either by coils, CDI or stator. I really don't have anymore idea's.

Comment

14.5 means the rectifier is bad, you need a new CDI. It should be about 13 near idle.

Buying used electronics is a crap shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
          14.5 means the rectifier is bad, you need a new CDI. It should be about 13 near idle.

Buying used electronics is a crap shoot.
          My Polaris manual says to start and briiefly run engine at 3000 RPM. Measure voltage should be aropund 14.5 VDC. That is actually what I have 14.5 why do you feel it should be 13.0 VDC. Are you saying you think it is my CDI or rectifier that I need to replace. History: I bought it with this problem and for two years I have not been able to correct it. I did notice that the problem became worse shortly after I bought it. Then the electronic gauage started failing. It would say 1 VDC while I'm riding and showing Low Power when I knew it was getting 14.5 VDC. Have you ever heard of interference with the electrical signals in these machines?

Comment

Polaris CDIs are known bad products in the industry. They do not last more than a few years at best. Yes I believe you need a new one.

Comment

Working...
            X