Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris SL 650 1990

Hello,
    I have just bought a reconditioned engine , I noticed I had oil in the old engine crankcase I am sending back to sbt. I would like to know what kind of oil and the amount of oil I need to add the the new reconditioned engine.

Thank You .
    Last edited by BillGreen; 05-06-2007, 04:27 PM.
    Polaris Power

Re: Polaris SL 650 1990

No oil goes in the case. You saw residual oil from a failure or improper use.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for answer to last post!

My next question is ?

I want to avoid the #1 piston from getting a hole burned into it, so I purchased a extra fuel pump for my new short block I am about to install.
      The last engine I had a problem with the #3 piston getting a hole burned in it! (This problem happened Twice).

Im taking all precautions I can to prevent this from happening with the new engine!!

Would it be wise to have all of my carbs. rebuilt before I install them on the new engine, it has been a few years without running it on the water?

I just sprayed them down with fogging oil !

Also need a better diagram on how to install extra fuel pump if possible.

Sry my watercraft is a "1992"

Thanks
      Bill
      Last edited by BillGreen; 05-06-2007, 04:26 PM.
      Polaris Power

Comment

Fogging oil does absolutely nothing for the carbs. Yes you need to rebuild them.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
          Fogging oil does absolutely nothing for the carbs. Yes you need to rebuild them.

Thanks for answer to last quote !
          I just received my carbs back, they were in good condition just needed to be cleaned and tuned! Now im at the point of trying to start the engine with new fuel pump on 3rd cylinder.
          It seems to be getting gas, in the #1 #2 and #3 cylinders from fuel on the plugs! I was told to use disk brake cleaner to spray into carbs while cranking to help start it but it just seems to drench plugs?
          to see if im getting a spark on all 3 cylinders I layed the plugs on top of cylinder heads and cranked it over,I seen spark on all 3 plugs but only once! When i hold button down and keep cranking it there is no more spark?
          Not sure if thats correct, seems to me u would see more sparks from plugs on every stroke.
          Polaris Power

Comment

Working...
          X