trouble with 95 polaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with 95 polaris

alright i have a 95 polaris sl650 and was riding it a few days ago when the speed just dropped significantly. i stopped and then started to go again and it wouldnt go over probably 5 mph although the engine was running fine and at full throttle. i thought maybe something was clogged in the jet and just wasnt letting the water flow through, but it was clean. if anyone has any ideas what my problem is, please let me know. thanks, tim

Re: trouble with 95 polaris

if your motor is reving and ur dirve shaft is turning then its posible that ur pump is wore out and the water isnt getting forced out like it should.

Comment

I have the same watercraft but mine is a 92, same thing happened to mine so check each cylinder with spark plug out! Put finger over each hole and hit starter button and see if it blows your finger off hole.
      If it dont blow finger off a cylinder U have a hole in that piston!!
      Hate to be brake it to U but it will be major work.
      Last edited by BillGreen; 06-03-2007, 02:58 PM. Reason: more words
      Polaris Power

Comment

the engine is fine...ive checked it and its running great. i heard from a guy here in tyler where i live that there is some sort of a pin in the shaft to the propeller that might be torn up so that the propeller just doesnt turn at the same speed as the shaft....not to sure what he was talking about and he didnt know enough about it to let me know further.....

Comment

check your output shaft to the jet/prop. if your motor is running strong, meaning your top end is good, probably your shaft from the motor to the prop is junk. an easy way to check this is take off the seat, take off the guard covering it and see if it spins. if you dont have to hold the water craft still in the water when its running the shaft is probably junk.

Comment

Working...
          X