1995 Polaris SL750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Polaris SL750

how do i get the flywheel off on this thing ??? i need to get to the stator and im having a hard time get the flywheel off....need a little help??? thanks

Re: 1995 Polaris SL750

Hey ,

I just replaced my engine with a reconditioned my self and u have to take the old engine completely out of watercraft to remove cover to get at the stator, to remove the flywheel you have to rent a puller or just take your engine to a service tech. and they will remove it ! Its easyer that way.

Bill G.
    Polaris Power

Comment

Originally posted by BillGreen
      Hey ,

I just replaced my engine with a reconditioned my self and u have to take the old engine completely out of watercraft to remove cover to get at the stator, to remove the flywheel you have to rent a puller or just take your engine to a service tech. and they will remove it ! Its easyer that way.

Bill G.

OK but i have the front end off so i can see the flywheel .. and i got a puller for it ..but when i pulled the nut off and put the puller on it ....it wont come off....im stuck...i need a little help here...in this part...is there a trick is there a nother way ..thanks for your time.....Kevin

Comment

Yes, like I said I tryed pulling mine off with puller when engine was out of the watercraft, I ended up stripping one of the puller bolts on the puller trying to get it off! so I brought it up to service tech. to remove.

When he removed it! It broke his puller so he heated it up with propane torch and then it came off, so just spend a few dollars "Its worth It" No head aches!

Bye the way do u have an extra fuel pump on your watercraft? If so let me know, I have a question on how to hook it up! If u can help?
        Last edited by BillGreen; 06-03-2007, 02:49 PM. Reason: wanted to add more words
        Polaris Power

Comment

(ok) no i dont have a extra fuel pump on mine... i see what you mean i put about 140psi on that dame thing and i can not get it off....thanks for your time and i hope you fine what you are looking for...Kevin

Originally posted by BillGreen
          Yes, like I said I tryed pulling mine off with puller when engine was out of the watercraft, I ended up stripping one of the puller bolts on the puller trying to get it off! so I brought it up to service tech. to remove.

When he removed it! It broke his puller so he heated it up with propane torch and then it came off, so just spend a few dollars "Its worth It" No head aches!

Bye the way do u have an extra fuel pump on your watercraft? If so let me know, I have a question on how to hook it up! If u can help?

Comment

one more ?? I dont have a manuel. I have everything disconnected from the motor but the drive shaft Im wondering how to remove the motor from the drive shaft........can you help me out??
            Originally posted by moneyching1
            (ok) no i dont have a extra fuel pump on mine... i see what you mean i put about 140psi on that dame thing and i can not get it off....thanks for your time and i hope you fine what you are looking for...Kevin

Comment

There is a thread on PWC today forum where they say to place a rope in the cylinder head & that will not let the crank turn. I placed a screwdriver between the flywheel & the idler gear to keep the crank from turning. There way is probably best, but I had mine off before reading.

When you put the flywheel puller on the flywheel, tighten it up & then hit the puller on the end. Tighten it a little more & hit the puller. Repeat until the gear pops off.

I have a second fuel pump on my 94. The new one feeds cylinder 1 & 2, while the old one feeds #3.

Order it from SBT & they will send directions with pictures.
              I have the directions if you want me to copy & email them.

Comment

Originally posted by bkeith
                There is a thread on PWC today forum where they say to place a rope in the cylinder head & that will not let the crank turn. I placed a screwdriver between the flywheel & the idler gear to keep the crank from turning. There way is probably best, but I had mine off before reading.

When you put the flywheel puller on the flywheel, tighten it up & then hit the puller on the end. Tighten it a little more & hit the puller. Repeat until the gear pops off.

I have a second fuel pump on my 94. The new one feeds cylinder 1 & 2, while the old one feeds #3.

Order it from SBT & they will send directions with pictures.
                I have the directions if you want me to copy & email them.
                \

Thanks anyways I talked to a service tech. guy and he showed me how to install it . It didnt start for me so I hauled it up for them to get it started !
                Polaris Power

Comment

Originally posted by moneyching1
                  one more ?? I dont have a manuel. I have everything disconnected from the motor but the drive shaft Im wondering how to remove the motor from the drive shaft........can you help me out??
                  Hey,
                  If u didnt figure out how to remove drive pump just unbolt 4 nuts from the back of boat where pump is, and steering linkage!

Then disconnect coupler thats around prop shaft inside the boat where its connected to the boat ! should pull out of engine from the rear of boat. Pump and all ! Let me know if u did it ? Then u can remove engine.
                  http://shopsbt.com/guides.htm

Dont know if u have seen this yet? have to have lastest adobe to view!
                  Last edited by BillGreen; 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM. Reason: added text
                  Polaris Power

Comment

Working...
                  X