Newby With Cooling Hose Question on 750SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby With Cooling Hose Question on 750SL

I recently bought a 94 750SL and the previously owner burnt up the pistons and pulled the engine apart. Well to cut a long story short I rebuilt the motor has the cylinders bored and so forth and now it back together and runs great but I have one cooling hose I want to make sure is in the right place. On the exhaust pipe there is a hose fitting on the top facing to the rear of the ski as well as a fitting on the bottom. When I get the ski there was a 1/4 hose connected to the lower port but nothing to the top. Does the hose just loop up to the top port or is there somewhere else it goes I am missing???? I used a Seloc Manual but it didn't giving a cooling line diagram. Any help would be great

Re: Newby With Cooling Hose Question on 750SL

There are only 2 hoses that hook up to the exhaust.

1. The larger of the two is the water inlet. It hooks up to the lower front side of the exhaust. The other end hooks to the back of the ski.

2. The smaller of the two is called an air bypass hose. It hooks up near the 4 large exhaust bolts. The other end also hooks to the only other port on the exhaust.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Newby With Cooling Hose Question on 750SL

Thats the way I had it but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X