Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 Polaris SL750..removing flywheel???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Polaris SL750..removing flywheel???

wow how do you get the flywheel off this thing i have a 1995 Polaris SL750 and im try all kinds of things the puller doesn't look like its going to get this thing off...i still have the motor in the ski should i pull it out??? i have to get this off to put the new stator in it ..is there some thing i should know about this dame thing???thanks for your time...Kevin....all i have to do is remove the nut in front of the flywheel and put a puller on it right???

Re: 1995 Polaris SL750..removing flywheel???

Originally posted by moneyching1
    wow how do you get the flywheel off this thing i have a 1995 Polaris SL750 and im try all kinds of things the puller doesn't look like its going to get this thing off...i still have the motor in the ski should i pull it out??? i have to get this off to put the new stator in it ..is there some thing i should know about this dame thing???thanks for your time...Kevin....all i have to do is remove the nut in front of the flywheel and put a puller on it right???

yes pull the nut and then put a puller on it....and yes its a mofo IN the boat...if u cant do it in the boat..u will have to pull it out to do it....which ever u feel comfortable with.

Comment

THANK AT LEST I FEEL LIKE IM DOING THIS RIGHT NOW...MAN ILL KEEP TRYING TO GET THAT THING OFF THEN...THANKS FOR YOUR TIME...kEVIN:)
      Originally posted by rgard32
      yes pull the nut and then put a puller on it....and yes its a mofo IN the boat...if u cant do it in the boat..u will have to pull it out to do it....which ever u feel comfortable with.

Comment

I found it difficult on a 94, but if you apply a bit of heat to the centre with a hot air gun it will almost fall off.

Comment

Thanks ill try to fine a hot air gun .....Sweet....thanks for your info....Kevin
          Originally posted by Mark-UK
          I found it difficult on a 94, but if you apply a bit of heat to the centre with a hot air gun it will almost fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by moneyching1
            Thanks ill try to fine a hot air gun .....Sweet....thanks for your info....Kevin
            Dude !! Your not going to get it off with a hot air gun, just take it to local service tech. guy that does work on Polaris watercrafts! When I brought my engine up , just my engine up to tech. guy it cost me about $40.00 dollers.

Polaris Power

Comment

use a propane torch pops right off

Comment

YES ....i got this dame thing off ....hot air gun was the way to go....i got one off ebay for $$$13.00 .......Sweet .......thanks for all your input......you all helped me out on this one...Kevin
                Originally posted by rgard32
                use a propane torch pops right off

Comment

Working...
                X