slt750 drive shaft problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slt750 drive shaft problem

I have a slt750 with a drive shaft problem, the same as an earlier post on here.. the spline is shot on the shaft and more of a problem the internal spline on the coupler to the crank is gone.. (this is the same problem as the guy with the earlier post i think).
    the shaft, and coupler need replaced...

question? how does the coupler on the end of the crank come off?

in the parts book it appears the coupler is a separate entity on a tapered key shaft. i don't see this that way on my machine.. it appears the coupler and crank are one?? tell me i don't have to pull that engine..

the replacement of the shaft, seals, etc seems simple.

being a machinist it appears the reason this warn is the alignment is off from the engine to the pump?? it appears to me that a clever alignment process is needed to align the engine to pump better?? any ideas? a search on the internet of this issue, there is talk of an alignment tool that could be bought to set this up.. clymer serice book calls for this tool??

the reason this part failed is because there is a hard to see oil zerk on this coupling (not the seal bearing, i grease it occasionally) so it could receive oil occasionally for the splines in case of misalignment.. i have never known nor oiled/greased it from when it was new. so now i get to fix it!!

thanks for any input..

Re: slt750 drive shaft problem

Engine needs to be aligned. Polaris Shop can do.

Coupler comes off by putting rope in #3 plug hole to prevent rotation.

www.jetskimechanic.com has drive shaft replacement kits

www.watcom.com has alignment tools for sale

Also read:

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...t_001.jpg.html

Comment

Working...
    X