GENESIS I 2001 - Sudden Stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENESIS I 2001 - Sudden Stall

I have a 2001 Genesis I with approx 97Hrs on it. It has been running great all summer then last week after filling it with a new tank of gas, it sat for a week and then this week I began to experience the following problem. It starts fine, idles fine, and runs good at low speeds (10 - 15), but when I throttle it open it accelerates great, however with in 10 to 20 yards it suddenly dies. I wait 20 seconds or so then start it right up and runs great for another 10 to 20 yards then suddenly dies. I am having trouble finding anyone who has experienced the problem or who could point me to the solution (basically save me from hunting and pecking all over the machine). I didn't think it was bad gas since the machine starts fine etc - but its like it burns the initial injection of gas then runs out, but how could that be if it starts right back up after stalling? Need help -

Re: GENESIS I 2001 - Sudden Stall

I have the same problem with my SL700, Only if I baby it I can make it run. Howver any wide open thrttle and it dies. I can actually stat it again while coasting down. I hope someone has an Idea?

Comment

Re: GENESIS I 2001 - Sudden Stall

I found the problem - it was a bad electric circuit - replaced it and the machine has been running great.

Originally posted by mbatankee
      I have the same problem with my SL700, Only if I baby it I can make it run. Howver any wide open thrttle and it dies. I can actually stat it again while coasting down. I hope someone has an Idea?

Comment

Working...
      X