95 sl750 stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 sl750 stator

I am having problems with the electrical and my ski is losing spark at 3000rpm. I can get it started, but very hard and once it gets back down to 3000rpms it dies. Tested the stator coils and the exciter coil has no resistance on my volt meter. Wondering if anyone can help.

exciter coil no read needs to be 490 ohms
    pulser coil read 200ohms needs to be 220 ohms
    trigger coil read 91.1ohms needs to be 90ohms

Re: 95 sl750 stator

Same thing recently happened to me after installing a rebuilt motor. Just like yours it ran, but pretty bad. I'm hoping for you it's just a bad wire and not a problem at the stator.

You've got your pulser and trigger coils mixed up. Pulser specs at 90 ohms and trigger specs at 220 ohms. Doesn't matter though, the following still stands...

I'd check out and follow your Green/Red wire that you tested for the exciter coil. The other wire in the exciter coil, the Red/White, checked out ok while testing for the pulser coil so it appears the issue lies with the Green/Red.

If there are any splices/connections in the wire harness between the e-box and stator, find it and open up that Green/Red wire at the splice and test there again across to the Red/White. Basically see if you've got a break or bad connection, all assuming that you or someone has spliced that harness in the past. Hopefully you've just got a break there like I had, only on mine it was the Blue/Red of the pulser coil.

Comment

well looked over the wire and nothing is spliced so back to square one

Comment

Originally posted by jdsparks21
        well looked over the wire and nothing is spliced so back to square one
        Well if you're gettin into the stator, I'd check continuity on that wire from the e-box to the stator still possible for that wire to have an unseen problem. If you have continuity then sounds like the stator has the problem. Not back to square one, you're zero-ing on the problem here.

Comment

Working...
        X