Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pressure Problem ?

Good Day to All:

Recently installed my SBT 1050cc Polaris engine as well as a full carb rebuild. Hit the water yesterday for the 3rd time and ran phenomenally for about an hour without a glitch. Suddenly,from near full throttle, I stalled out and was unable to restart. Was towed in, and upon arrival at home, I noticed that upon squeezing and pumping the throttle, there was no gas going to the carbs. I loosened the gas cap and heard no release of pressure. Checked the fuel lines for maybe loose clamps, or a loose hose, but came up empty. Looked at the plugs as well. 2 looked great, but plug 3 (the closest plug toward the front of the craft where the throttle is) was very gray and almost seemed pitted, like the look af weathered aluminum. I was surprised the machine stopped, it was running so strong..What should I look into?
    Thanks.

Re: Fuel Pressure Problem ?

This isn't a car - it's not under pressure. The only time you'll hear anything when openeing your fuel cap is after sitting in the sun or in the cold.

You won't see fuel squirt by pumping your throttle.

You have burned down a cylinder for some reason. You may need to rebuild the carbs again, if you sucked up some junk from your tank, or the lines needed replacement, etc.

Please call in to warranty for a replacement - you will receive a diagnosis with your next engine.

877 330 0231
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X