Bogged Low End on 97 SLT780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogged Low End on 97 SLT780

Hey everyone, been awhile since I posted on here last. I finally got my ski running this year after 5 years of being "worked on". Anyways, I put an SBT motor in it and a few other mods (Vortex flame arrestors, R&D Scoop, 6 vein jet pump, Skat Trak Impeller). I dropped it off at the repair place to have it tuned up after the new motor was put in. The problem I am having is when I hit the gas from idle in the water, its like its very bogged down now and it wont pick up till about 4400 RPM's, then its like it gets a boost of power and is fine. The Mid and High end power on it are fine, its the low end that is horrible. I know it was nothing like this before. As far as I can remember, the carbs have never been rebuilt, and I'm using the stock fuel pump. I figured I might just try and rebuild the carbs to humor myself. The Tech who was working on it, tuned it the best he could and could not figure out why the low end is so bad (getting good fuel, spark etc). Any of you jetski geniuses have any thoughts? One last question, would it be bad if I ran 89 octane fuel in it? or should I stick with 87? Thanks! :beer

Re: Bogged Low End on 97 SLT780

The higher octane is good even 93 is fine, If you have not had carbs gone through its time to look in to this. The first thing you always do when rebuilding is to check out the interior condition of your carbs. 99% of engine failures are due to fuel related issues. Most of original engine failures are not solved and people think that by replacing the short block with a new one will solve a previous failure.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X