Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do i need to do to the DI after new engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i need to do to the DI after new engine?

Hi all
    I bought a 2001 Virage TXI with a blown moter last year so i have never seen it running. Just installed a SBT rebuild engine. But i dont know what i have to do to match the DI injectors from the old engine. A sticker on the injector indicates i need to take it to a dealer for i would guess to calibrate.
    If there is a software and patch cord to interface with the machine i would rather do it myself. As well, i dont know what error codes latched from the previous owner when the crank bearing went on stator side. Any help would be most appreciated
    Thanks!
    John

Also
    Where do i find out how to code in the security thing. I was reading thru the past posts, and a guy mentioned that if i locked out the machine, i would need to un-code it. I know this sounds a bit dumb ***, but i am the first in our group with a polaris. My other machine is a Seadoo, much simpler to figure out....have right key, will start :)
    thanks

John
    Last edited by Clumps121; 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM.

Re: What do i need to do to the DI after new engine?

John you dont have to do anything to the injectors. Put them on the new block and go. I posted about the gauge today to another Guy re check the post, that should help you out. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Tom

Thanks, i will finish off the install of the injectors etc. I was primarly concerned that the comp could control each cylinder mixture by varying the fuel pulse bandwidth somehow. I would hate to run too lean and burn up a cylinder(s) on my new engine
      :emoticonc

cheers
      John

Comment

Just fired it up in the garage <30 sec, all seems ok, now i will need to wait to put it in the water. Still trying to figure out one last issue with reverse.....

WooHoo!!!:emotisun

Thanks
        John

Comment

just make sure they go back into the cylinders they came out of
          or you will have to find a workshop that has polaris digital wrench software
          be good,
          if you cant be good,
          be carefull
          if you can't be carefull,
          buy a pram

Comment

Yours should all be mapped the same, dont worry about it. Some of the earlier Genesis had to be re mapped.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X