SL750 won't move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL750 won't move

My 1995 SL 750 runs fine and moves thru the water fine at idle, but when you give it the gas, the engine just races faster and it barely moves any faster. Is there something stripped?

Re: SL750 won't move

Sounds like stripped splines on the drive shaft.

But I would also check compression. This model has history of burning a hole in the front piston due to lack of fuel delivery and burning hot. Needs Mikuni 3 outlet fuel pump installed.

Remove pump and inspect both ends. Also re-bearing and re-seal pump at the same time. denniskirk.com has re-seal kits.

Re-bearing/replace the mid shaft bearing support thing(has zerk fitting)

Purchase a Clymer manual.

Post future questions at greenhulk.net you will get more and better responses

Used parts are avail from
    http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/radracingpics/

Honest guy.

SBT has drive shafts-maybe pump seals etc. Shop by Make and model so you will see what is avail for your ski from them.

www.partsland.com has parts pictures, good company.

Post what you do and find

Cheers !!
    Last edited by dierdorf; 03-30-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Re: SL750 won't move

Most people forget that there is a grease fitting on the pto coupler on the older polaris machines and they never grease it. This could be the area that has stripped out on you. I have replaced many of these couplers and drive shafts when I had been with the dealership, It was not an uncommon failure. You DONOT have to replace any of the pump bearings or seals unless they seem damaged or the pump was making a winding noise while you had been riding it. The polaris pumps are very reliable and dont require much maintainance. If your pto coupler is an early style all steel one, then you should up date it to a late model one that has a rubber dampener in it, they work much nicer and less vibration and no grease fitting to worry about. Tom SBT tech.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X