96 Polaris SLX 780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Polaris SLX 780

Can anyone help me? I just got a pair of skis that have been sitting for a long time. One is a lost cause and only good for parts but the other starts and runs. It idles fine and runs just off idle but when you go full throttle it just belches smoke out and sounds wierd. I tried blocking the oil supply lines and running premixed with the same results. I swapped electrical boxes thinking it was ignition with the same results. I took apart the carbs and cleaned them out with the same results. Does anyone know anything about this? Am I wasting my time cause of some governor that I dont know about that only allows it to rev up when its in water? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 96 Polaris SLX 780

The ski has a revlimiter on it, If you are trying to run it wide open on the trailer, the revlimiter is there so you Don't Blow it up. Did you take it to the water and see how it runs? Let us know.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I finally got my ski on the water today and it hauls ***! Thanks for the advise. I still need to work on the carb adjustment though but the high speed is great. At low speed like in the no wake zone I've gotta feather the throttle to keep it running and when I hit it wide open it kinda boggs out until it catches. Any advise on this? Thanks again

Comment

Little richer on the high side and adjust the idle screw to idle at 2200 rpms in water. Tom SBT tech.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X