Running on 1 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running on 1 cylinder

I have a 96 polaris sl 700 and did a full engine rebuild in the winter and went out for a ride this weekend and ran great for the break in. I went thrue about a full tank and then it started to run on 1 cylinder, I checked compression and there both equal. When its running i could take the back sparkplug cap off and it doesnt change anything meening it is only running on the front cylinder.

I checked spark and it is fine, reeds are fine, compression is good, the only I am not sure is how to check if carbs are functioning properly. there is gas in the line and there is gas that sprays from the top of the carb.

thanks

Kevin

Re: Running on 1 cylinder

Kevin, did you rebuild the carbs before you put them back on the new engine? If not, please do so. If you still have the gray fuel line in the craft then remove all of it and replace it with new black line. The old gray stuff falls apart on the inside and cloggs up the carbs and the interior carb fuel filters. This will cause a lean condition and damage your pistons and cylinders. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X