95 sl750 cuts out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 sl750 cuts out

I have an sl750 i can never just leave the throttle at wide open if i do it just fall's on its face and wants to stall. It feels like it is hitting a govenor or something else. If i'm riding and i keep feathering the throttle it will run just fine but as soon as i hold it wide open it wants to stall. Needless to say that working the throttle like that is annoying and hard on the forearm.
    Please help!!!!

Re: 95 sl750 cuts out

you have a fuel delivery problem................

Comment

what should i look for?

Comment

look for kinked/bent fuel lines coming out of the gas tank. fuel control knob can be deceiving. it can be in the on position but internally it can be partially in the off position. check the "air" vent valve coming out of the fuel tank, thaat can be clogged or partially clogged. if that is bad it'l cause a lean condition too. if you have an inline fuel filter check that if its clogged. check your fuel water separater and see if there is any water in it. check your fuel pump pulse line that goes to the engine blcok. make sure the fittings are nice and tight and that the hose is in great condition. also check the fuel pickup tube in the fuel tank, that can be clogged or partially. check that by blowing into the fuel line that is connected to it. also check that all the hose clamps everywhere on the fuel lines are nice and snug/tight.

if checking all of that and all seems fine and jim dandy, when was the last time the fuel pump has been rebuilt? and the carburetors cleaned out and rebuilt?

Comment

Working...
        X