1050 sltx problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1050 sltx problem

I have got a problem ... I rebuilt the top half , now have 123 - 127 psi across all three cyl . I have spark , and fuel . The boat still will not start . I put a screwdriver in the front cyl and hand turned it till it was tdc . I looked at the peep hole for the timeing and it is at 0 . any ideas why it will not start ?

Re: 1050 sltx problem

Make sure battery voltage is 10.5 or higher while cranking. Are you sure the flywheel key did not shear?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I found that the two screws that hold the mag into the flywheel where not there . I am guessing that is the problem . I adjusted it around until I got two screws in it but do not know what the setting should be . I have it at 7 degrees tdc . I am thinking it should be more due to the rev limiter. Help ?

Comment

UPDATE . I found the settings in an online manual . Thank you for your response to my question . Hit the start button fired right up . Background on this craft ... purchased for 400 bucks , was sunk and supposedly froze up and rusted inside engine . After tear down found little rust and the impeller was actually the thing that was froze up . A little PB Blaster , new top end due to piston scars and now it is like brand new . Another oldie on the water .

Comment

Working...
        X