Polaris Genesis max out at 5000 RPM, 45 MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris Genesis max out at 5000 RPM, 45 MPH

I have a Polaris Genesis (2001) that tops out at 5000 RPM and 45 MPH. The engine is a rebuild from SBT and has less than 20 hours on it. I did a general inspection of the engine and nothing appears out of order. Upon dismantling the top end I found corrosion. I have included a link to pictures - http://www.me.com/gallery/#100034. I am not the least bit mechanically inclined so any detailed info for where to look and what to look for would be most appreciated. I have had it in the Polaris shop multiple times and they could not find anything. Next stop is the bottom of the lake. Cheers.

Re: Polaris Genesis max out at 5000 RPM, 45 MPH

Did you check compression on the engine? And was the timing ever checked when the new engine was installed? I can not open your pics up, post them directly on the forum. More than likely the timing is not advanced as it should be, this needs to be checked with a timing light.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Compression and timing were both checked by the dealership that did the install. I will post pics when I am home tonight. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Pics
        Attached Files

Comment

That rear cylinder looks a bit scored up, I think I would do my own compression check. Put the heads back on it and make sure the o-rings are seated then check your compression.

Comment

Did a compression check and all cylinders read at 110. What can you recommend I check now?

Thanks

Comment

110 is low, this could be your problem, you should have 120 or higher on non fuel injected models. Take better pics of the inside of the cylinders with the pistons down and post.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
                110 is low, this could be your problem, you should have 120 or higher on non fuel injected models. Take better pics of the inside of the cylinders with the pistons down and post.
                Ok, will do over the weekend. Thanks

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

From what I can see the cylinders look ok, but looks like you might have had water in them at one time. If that is the case then check your reeds and see if any are broken.

Comment

Working...
                    X