Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will not start and not sure where to look next.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not start and not sure where to look next.

I have a 2000 Polaris Genesis FFI. Two days ago I started my ski for first time of the season on my driveway with water hose hooked up. After about 5-10 seconds I turned it off. I took it to the river yesterday and it would not start and I had an electrical smell coming from starter position. I took it back home and removed the starter and (red) power wire. The power wire was loosely connected. I took apart the starter to make sure there were no damages and their wasn't. I reinstalled the starter and the ski will turn over just fine and it has spark at the plugs. I removed the fuel lines from on top of the fuel tank applying power to the red and black wire I can feel it pumping but not fuel is coming out.... Not sure what else to check... Any IDEAS?

Thanks,

Re: Will not start and not sure where to look next.

Remove the fuel pump from the tank and inspect it. Check the filter at the bottom of it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Will not start and not sure where to look next.

Everything seems fine on the fuel pump. After reinstalling I tried to fire it up again a few times. Then removed the return line off the fuel pump and air and fuel came out. Now it has fuel pressure but still wont fire up. I pulled the plugs and noticed water droplets. I replaced the fuel yesterday with fresh. Could the fuel that remained in the cylinders after I replaced it in the tank cause it to not fire? I know I am getting a spark. Maybe I have the plug wires installed incorrectly? I had the ski in the shop over the winter for a new flywheel. Now the company has gone out of business. So no help from them. Does anyone know the sequence to which plug wire goes where?

Thanks

I was able to get the ski to putter a little today by pumping throttle, Water and gas was coming out the pump.. normal?

update: Disregard the plug wire questions, Found it in the service manual..
      Last edited by jls7707; 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X