94 SL 750 Maybe fuel/carb issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 SL 750 Maybe fuel/carb issue?

Having probs from my ski. Ran great last year and pulled it out this year and it ran ok first time out then started running sluggish. After the sluggish phase it started running great and would throttle all the way up and then just fall flat on it's face. Before I even get slow I can hit the start button and it will fire back up. Sometimes it will take off fine and other times I have to play with the throttle to get it up to speed. I have sprayed the carbs down with carb cleaner several times and let them sit overnight thinking it may just clear up. (wishful thinking) The compression is at 120 on all 3 cylinders, new plugs, fresh gas and oil, and all carb adjustments are just like they were last year. I am mechanically inclined enough to follow a manual to do a repair if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

Re: 94 SL 750 Maybe fuel/carb issue?

It might be time to rebuild the carbs and blow them out with air. You may want to look into the fuel selector switch for clogs too.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I was gonn try to take the carbs off for a good cleaning but it seemed there was alot of bolts holding it on. Guess i'm just used to the simple 2-4 holding it on. May be lookin at it wrong though. I will check the fuel selector today and reply with results from it. I Looked up a carb rebuild kit on here by selecting my make, year, and model and it will run a little over $30 per carb. I may try to clean them real good if i can manage to get them off. I have another quick question, What kind of shipping am I looking at to Tennessee? I did look at the shipping guide but it lookes to be more for engines and stuff. Surely I won't be paying $65 just for 3 carb rebuild kits. Thanks for all the input and info.

Comment

you have to make sure you have a gas filter . if so then you need to open up the carbs . and check the filter in the carbs

Comment

Working...
        X