Ok hole in piston two times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok hole in piston two times

OK i have a polaris sl 750 1994. replaced all pistons and rings on it because when i bought it it had a hole in the piston.had alot lot of trouble with crap in the carbs .cleaned gas tank,took carb apart and cleaned them .put them back together to spec high speed and low speed set to the book.installed new high volume gas filter. sublementary fuel pump.as spec.asked how the piston gets a hole in it and the sublementary pump was the remedy,but tried to explain its not #1 cylinder that i'm having trouble with, its #3 THAT BURNS UP .Whitch ONE IS #1 cylinder, the front of the jet ski or the back of the jet ski? also i found in the valve set and needle 2@ 1.5 and one@ 2.0 i thought that was weird! well my ? is how do i not get another hole in the same piston again.i took it out today and it ran great for about 20 minites then went down hill from there .could not get any speed out of it after 20 min.pulled lastplug at the rear of the jetski and found a hole in piston again.i want to fix it again but i dont want this to happin again like every one else i cant afford it to happen again.

Re: Ok hole in piston two times

If your blowing a hole in the front piston its the carb not getting enough fuel, if its the rear cylinder with the hole its a bad crank, Its out of index.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Ok hole in piston two times

how does this happen? please exspain?never over heated. plug was oil sooked.oil in gas tank and original oil pump still on it.

Comment

Working...
      X