1050 piston nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1050 piston nightmare

First off,installed SBT engine after my nighmare runing fine.The reason I installed the new motor was,original motor was scarring the rear piston.Would like input on this problem incase it happens again,it kicked my butt. First off I started motifying original motor,F/A,primer kit,removed choke plates,carbon tech reeds,and rejeeted carbs one size up on low mid and high jets. I had Wisco pistons,PTO piston scarred three times this year.First time machine work was questioned,second and third time machine work was done in house.The clearances were set at 0.007,and checked it my self.Stilled scarred piston.Breakin was done with premix 32:1,for one full tank,never exceding 1/2 throttle.On second tank 40:1 after warming up engine died after running full throtle for about 15 seconds.Good by Mr. wisco.Does this sound like air leak,carb jetting problem,or etc..
    I was wondering had anyone else had problems with wiscos.Thanks for the imput.

Many people have had similar problems with Wiescos, but it could certainly have been a jetting issue - without seeing everything, we'd just be guessing though.

Comment

What would be the carb jetting if i reinstalled the f/a?

Comment

I need to know what year and ski...

Comment

1996 sltx 1050 with SBT moter

Comment

Main jets: #1 142, #2 142, #3 138
            Mid jets: 58
            Slow jets: 58
            adjustment screws 1 turn out.
            Pop-off pressure 20-24 psi

Comment

Bryan,the sltx 1050 that i have has an accelerater pump,the shop manual says that a 96 sltx doesn't have one.The 97 sltx does.Which jetting specs should i use?Wouldn't the jetting/pop off be differnt with f/a than stock air box?

Comment

I'll have to relookup the specs for the later year carbs in the morning - yes you would also need to rejet for an aftermarket F/A setup, although I couldn't say to what...

Comment

Bryan,did you ever get the jetting specs for me.

Comment

I'm sorry - I forgot - I will mail myself to remember it in the morning!

Comment

Working...
                    X