Aftermarket Reed petals (Boyesen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Reed petals (Boyesen)

When I went to the dealer to order replacement reeds, the guy got me a 6 pak of Boyesen reeds as they were cheaper than the original design. It says on the package they are more fuel efficient, better idle and response etc.
    Has anyone used these before? Comments?
    94 Polaris SL750<br />96 Tigershark Montego<br />99 Mustang GT Coupe<br />00 Mustang GT Conv.

Boyesens are good and last a long time. If you change reeds, do yourself a favor and get the 3/8" reed cage spacers from Chopper City Sports or from Boyesen. Boyesen sells it too in a kit and it's much easier to do them at the same time as a reed swap so that you won't have to take the intake apart again. The reeds will last much longer with the spacers on and perform better.

Comment

I ran them for 80 hours in my GP1200, and they still look new! Gave me better throttle response, and better accelleration. I used them in conjunction with spacers and stuffers.

Comment

Well it's too late to get the spacers in, I've already assembled the reeds and manifold back. But glad to hear they're worth the effort. Hopefully they'll be better than the stock ones. Get to try and test and tune this bad boy over the weekend. Haven't seen it run right since I bought it so curious if my newly acquired mechanic skills have worked. If it works, I'll celebrate!!
        94 Polaris SL750<br />96 Tigershark Montego<br />99 Mustang GT Coupe<br />00 Mustang GT Conv.

Comment

Stock Polaris reeds are really good too but probably cost more from the dealer than Boyesens. You want them to last even longer, those spacers will work wonders. You might have to richen the bottom end and maybe even lean the top out with the Boyesens. Nothing is set in stone as far as tuning but something to think about when putting performance reeds on. You have to ride and tune accordingly.

Comment

Well I finally got the 750 in the water for the first time when it was actually running right. All I can say is GOOD GOD!! This thing will fly! This was our first jetski ever and we also recently bought a Tigershark Montego (640cc). We had both in the water together over the weekend and the Polaris kicked out some major G forces compared to the TS. We topped out at 53mph at 6170rpm on smooth water after I had it tuned properly.

The 400lb tigershark handles so much better than the polaris though. What can I do to get the Polaris to turn on a dime? I've seen those black plastic things on the side of some....what are those called and how do they help?

Comment

They are called Sponsons, and they help straight-line tracking through rough water, and most importantly, allow you to 'turn-on-a-dime'.

Try www.beachhouseexpress.com

Comment

Working...
              X