water ingestion=bad motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water ingestion=bad motor

Hey guys. I have a friend who ingested water into his 1995 SLT 750. He blew the water out after he got home, and boy was there a lot. He also gave the engine a liberal "oil bath". He got it to fire up and ran the piss out of it. IN the meantime he stopped it and couldn't get it started again. I went and did a compression check for him. 125-125-30. There's his problem. I told him he might be better off with a new engine. He is kind of cheap and asked if he could just replace the piston and hone the cylinder. I didn't know the surefire answer and decided to ask everyone here. Bryan, Sealion, others; are you listening...I need your help again.

That's a negative, it would not be wise to just put a piston in there. The first thing water does is wash away the lubricating oil from the crank - then it blows up your pistons. At the VERY least, it should be conpletely torn down, an the crank FULLY inspected, but I would advise a full rebuild.

Comment

I basically told him that he needed a new engine. It would be too big a project for me to tear the whole thing apart. Mostly because I don't have the room, however, he would be better off buying a rebuild from ya'll.

Comment

Working...
      X