Carb kits in, now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb kits in, now what

Okay, to make a long story short (I don't think thats possible with me), the 95 750 wasn't running right, bogged down at low speed, took long tome to get up top, then ran good, but would stall out at high speed avery 150 yards or so.

I bought the SBT carb rebuild kits and they are now in. Didn't find anything out of the ordinary in that area. I went ahead and pulled the reed cages, and found one petal chipped off on a corner. I bought new stock reeds and have them on now too.

Would the reeds have made that much of a problem? I'm thinking I may be dealing with more than one problem since it was stalling out too, not just bogging at low.

Anyway, I have the high and low settings where they were when I started the rebuild, lows at 3/4 and highs at Mag-1 middle-1/2 and rear-3/4 (the book by the way matched the highs but said the lows should all be 1/2).

It started up on the hose after I was done, so that's a relief. However, I'm taking it to the lake tomorrow for the REAL test. Any suggestions on how to go about this? I saw a post where someone said to do some adjustments with the boat still on the trailer, sounds like a good idea. Looking for advice on how to go about the tuning process. Thanks.

Hope it went well, Yup leave it strapped on the trailer and warm it up

have to do the idle first 1200 to 1300 rpm
    turn the idle screw in to bring it up, or out to bring it down

have to do low speeds next, these are for adjusting your idle mixture, So one affects the other

Then there is Pop-off pressure,

and Finally the High speed :D

Good news is if you are putting every thing back to stock this will hopefully be the only thing you have to deal with

You have to do test runs, just like on a dirt bike, hold it wide open :D and kill the engine, pull the plugs they should be a medium brown color, white or light light brown is [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img] bad

Good luck, I had some jerk machine my heads and still can't get mine dialed in

Thinking about buy 3 new heads and putting everything back to stock
    He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Comment

Working...
    X