93 SL750 fuel starvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 SL750 fuel starvation

Last summer my ski started acting up -hard to start, bogging off line, etc. I changed the filter, drained old gas and put new in, rebuilt the pump (single outlet), and blew out the lines from and to the tank. Can't find any air leaks or kinks. It starts now but won't accelerate without choking it. Compression is 120 -115 -115. Even throttling the choke doesn't do anything but keep it at fast idle with short spurts of speed. What next?

Rebuild the carbs.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I suspected that was next step. Got the carbs off and apart and found lot of crap in them. Broke one of the screws holding the fuel manifold plate in the middle carb. Then broke the drill bit off after drilling it out. I'm gonna get it cleaned out eventually. Should I find a good epoxy to fill in the hole and redrill it or buy a new or used carb? How much for a carb?

Comment

Ugh! Can't say over the net without seeing it...carbs aren't cheap - I would find a good used one off that model though.

Comment

Bryan, just want to say you have a great site for tech info. I'll be doing business with you guys as soon as I figure out what I'm going to need.
          Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X