Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• priming carbs

HELP!

I just installed SBT rebuild kit on my CDK2 carbs for my SLTH. I am having problems starting the craft. It will run if I dump gas own the throat of the carbs but it is not pulling gas through the fuel lines. I did have the feed and return lines removed to blow clean of debries. What am I missing here? I removed the carbs to check the needle and seats. They are moving freely. The fuel screens are clean. I even tried to pressureize the fuel tank with little compressed air.

The SBT kit seems to have the things you need. It would be helpful though if there was an exploded diagram included in the instruction sheet. I have rebuilt automotive carbs before they have them in thier kits. Very helpful if you are dirupted. Also would be nice to see gaskets for the carb base and air intake. Or, if the sales could tell you they were not there. I will know the next time they are separate parts.

Thanks for all your help.

No carb rebuild kits come with base or airbox gaskets, ours, other aftermarket or OEM.

Make sure you don't have the return and feed lines reveresed.

We DO have exploded views, in the Carb rebuild guides, in the Tech section on the left.

[ August 15, 2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

Sorry for missing that section on the web. I will take a look at it. Thanks.

The lines are not crossed. I cleaned the on at a time.

Why are the carbs not pulling fuel?

I really hope you did not take my comments about the kits the wrong way. I only said it would be nice. This is a first go around for me working on PWC carbs so I am becomming familier about what parts are included in a kit. The Automotive kits that I have worked with do include these items. I do thank you for your help. Having someplace to go to can be very helpful at times. Customer service goes a long way in my book.

Comment

Make sure the pulse line is connected and not cracked. Make sure the ON switch is ON and not blocked. Take the return line off the carb and blow through it to the tank - you should see fuel come out the carb. If not you either have a leak in the fuel system (listen for the hiss) or a blockage.

Comment

Ok, I wll check that again.

Is there anything interal to the carbs that would cause this?

Just looking for all angles here. Since I will not be able to look at it untill tonight.

Thanks.

Comment

I am having trouble locating the exploded diagram you mentioned. Do you have a link?

Comment

If the pop off pressure was WAY too high the fuel would not flow - did you change your springs and set it with a guage, or did you leave them alone?

Comment

Originally posted by rmwest:
                I am having trouble locating the exploded diagram you mentioned. Do you have a link?
                Go and view the Carb REbuild guide in the Install/Removal guide section of the Tech section ont he left. It has pictures of a complete rebuild.

Comment

Bryan,

I looked under Technical. The only thing I see under Install/Removal is for the engine.

As for pop-off pressure I removed and reinstalled the original parts. In the original locations.

Comment

Scroll down further and you will see the Carb Rebuild guides. They are there.

Comment

Working...
                    X