polaris cdk2 carb?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaris cdk2 carb?'s

first off, i would like to know the high/low speed adjustment settings on the keihin cdk2 carbs off of a 96 700 twin. they were off when i got them so i don't know how many turns out to turn em.

second, there are three jets inside? will this give better/smoother throttle response? how come mikunis don't have three.

third, there apears to be an (i'm not sure on this) accelerator pump? when the throttle is opened, along the pto carb there is a small pump sticking out on the side. there is a nipple coming out with a hose attached to it that tee's off to both of the carbs. there are "primer like" fitting sticking into the carbs that the hoses attach to w/small holes in them pointing downward to spray "somthing" into the carbs. is this an accelerator pump? some type of primer system? what is it and how does it function? :D :( [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

On the CDK II, there are several variations. There are some that are equipped with "mid-range" jet. This jet will affect throttle openings from approximately 1/4 to 1/2. All other fuel circuits cand and do affect this jet to some extent.

As far as initial settings, the manual I am currently using is a 1999 version and it lists the 700 Polaris as having a fixed high speed adjuster, and a low speed setting of 1-7/8.

The pop-off value is supposed to be around 18-20 PSI.

And, yes that is, in fact, an accelerator pump.

For most intents and purposes, the CDK II carburetors function quite similarly to the Mikuni Super BN.

I teach both types in the PWC course.

[ August 17, 2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: John Kubiak ]
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X