1995 SL750 Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 SL750 Fuel Gauge

I finally got my cousins 1995 SL750 running after it sat for 4 years. It runs great. Unbelievable, I thought for sure I'd have to yank the carb rack, but it's running sweet :D

Problem is the Fuel Gauge only shows one Bar, and fuel warning flashes.

My manual tells how to check the voltage.

Is it possible the float is just stuck? and if so will some heavy wave bashing clear this up? [img]graemlins/evild.gif[/img] or will I have to replace the sending unit? :(
    He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

This can be found on the Polaris web page at:

http://www.polarisindustries.com/pro...xtSearch=float

Polaris Watercraft Service Parts for all 1992 - 1998 fuel level senders
    Recently, the Polaris Technical and Consumer Service Departments have received calls from dealers and consumers regarding a problem with their personal watercraft's MFD gauge not reading the correct fuel level in the gas tank. The easiest way to identify this problem is by filling your watercraft's fuel tank, and verifying that the MFD gauge reads full. If the MFD gauge reads that the tank is empty, you may want to have your dealer replace the float inside the fuel sender. Polaris Industries Inc., has found that most inaccurate readings are caused by a float that has absorbed water from the fuel and sunk to the bottom of the fuel sender. The retail cost for the float is $19.99 (U.S. Funds), and can easily be replaced by any authorized Polaris watercraft dealer.

Comment

I have the floats in stock Call me @ 260-637-7953.... Be glad to ship you one [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No parts are necessary. After four years of sitting, the electrical contacts on the sending unit get gummed over. Pull the sending unit and use contact cleaner on the metal surfaces of the sending unit where the contact pad travels. Also, using a small screwdriver, scrap the crude of the contact area. Your guage will work good as new.

Comment

If you suspect your float is bad and have a gram scale, you can take it out of the sending unit and weigh it. It should weigh 7.8 -8.0 grams. If it weighs more than that it is bad
          You can check for gumming as Davidf has indicated, but be very careful scraping the sending unit!! If you damage it you will not be happy with the replacement cost of the sending unit :D

Comment

Working...
          X