slth 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slth 700

Ok rebuilt the carbs on the 700. reused the needle and spring ( since I do not have a pop-off-pressure gauge)

PWC runs much better however, when you cruise at a constant rpm say 4000rpm the motor will cut out. sometimes it comes back or stalls all together.

any tips on what it is?

Start fine-tuning - turn your high speed screws out a little to start - you may be a tad lean!

Comment

Bryan,

I do not have any high spped screws on this carbs. It is a '99 model. The only screws I have are: idle speed, and one low speed on each carb that only be turned about 1/4 of a turn. The screws have stops moulded into the head. I have had them in the middle and all the way to the right.

Thanks again for your help.

btw. the carb body is stamped with an "H" where the high would be and an "L" where the screws are I mentiond.

[ August 26, 2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: rmwest ]

Comment

Those are just caps - pull them off the screws and turn them out.

Comment

Ok I will try that.
          Will adjusting the low speed screws help this?

Comment

RMwest. Your Low speed screws will not effect it at that rpm(4000). Take the fuel lines off the carbs and make sure it is pumping fuel. I have had the fuel switch plug and cause bad fuel flow to the carbs. Also make sure your engine compression is where it should be (120 lbs). Make sure that you do not have water in your gas. The last thing is the ignition. Polaris has an updated ignition due to some problems with the analog ignition itself. The updated kit comes with a new stator/flywheel and CDI and replaces the current componets on your motor. Costs is $190.00 for the SLH or the SLTH!!! Call us @ 260-637-7953 Be glad to try and help you out

[ August 26, 2002, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Tim ]

Comment

I've got a 700 hurricane and there is no high speed screw nor caps to pop off. I had to replace the main jets to compensate for a lean condition running high RPM's.

Comment

That's correct, on some skis there are no high-speeed screws, and they make you rejet to fine tune. Fun, eh?

Comment

Working...
                X