oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pump

I have the original oil pump on my 95 sl650 the dealer wants 250.00 for it I don't want to bypass and premix the ski.Does anyone know were I can pick one up cheap?

Ebay. I think there is one on there now.

Comment

I have one from my 780 that may work, I would sell it to you cheap.

Comment

Thanks for the tip sealion I got that pump for 9.95 on ebay the seller said it was a replacement and had 90 hrs on it compared to my 8 yearold stock with around 170 hrs was this a wise chose to buy instead of new

Comment

After I install my new/used oil pump what do I do crank the engine over a few times with out the lanyard cord atatched to prime the pump

Comment

First of all you will probally find that without the lanyard attacheted, it wont turn over, but anyway. The oil pump should have a bleeder screw on it. You need to remove it and let the oil flow through it to remove trapped air bubbles. Then, if it were me, I would premix a 1/4 tank (or whatever you wish) of fuel /oil in the tank and run it with flush kit for a little with the oil tube in a bottle to ensure that it is in fact pumping. Your service manual also has some very specific steps for verification.

Jim

Comment

I think that i will premix 1/4 tank of fuel till pump is primed up good and my ski will turn over without lanyard cord hooked up it just won't start ign.kill

Comment

Working...
              X