thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat

I have the original thermostat in my 95 sl650 still should I change it out with new leave it alone or can I just remove it without putting a new one in it will it run to cool and not burn fuel good enough

I don't know about the older skis but my 2000 SLX came from Polaris without a thermostat. I took it back and demanded one and then later removed it after some research. Just make sure you let the ski warm up withsome light cruising/idling before you get on it and it should be fine without. In Florida I seroiusly doubt we ever reach the kind of temps that would require cooling line restriction like people up North do [img]smile.gif[/img]
    00 SLX<br />03 SVT F-150

Comment

I live in Wyoming, and although the air temps go over 100*F in the summer, the water stays pretty cool. Performance falls off very noticably when the thermostat is removed, only tried it once for a very short time after the engine was well warmed up.
      Group K, extremely knowledgable folks, recommend changing the thermostat every year- so I do!

Comment

WHat kind of ski do you have? We have run radar tests on mine with and without. Top end is not improved but we registered quicker acceleration versus with the thermostat in (minimal but noticeable). Also the ski runs better at idle and is less likely to bog on extended idle. I don't believe Polaris ships them with thermostats anymore (I could be wrong) but my SLX and SLTX came without them and a friends SLX and Genesis also came without from the factory. After reading the Group K thing you mention I demanded one for my ski but later removed it after documenting a performance and rideability gain. Either way it's really personal preference though unless you like to ride in silly-cold weather.
        00 SLX<br />03 SVT F-150

Comment

Working...
        X