msx 150 vs honda f12x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msx 150 vs honda f12x

With all the questions I have asked about building up my 96 sl780 I have decided to just leave it alone, give it to the wife, and buy a new ski. Now wich one? I have decided to get one of the two mentioned but I am having a hard time with the decision. On the one hand I have had good luck with Polaris machines (I have a sportsman 500HO too), but the Honda has a larger engine, (1200 vs 750) more HP (165 vs 150), and a much better finance plan offer (the lower initial price of 600 less for the polaris would be offset more by their high interest rate). Then the polaris is about an inch narrower, and 90 pounds lighter, which should reduce drag on the water and help make up for the power difference, maybe?

Unless they have a boost cut, you should be able to put a boost controller on either of them to raise the boost and run race gas to avoid detonation and get a conciderable HP increase.

Has anyone got any first hand experience with either of these machines, or read any good non biased comparasons, or just have some revalent info to help me make my decision?

Thanks guys.

Since the Polaris hasn't even hit the showroom yet let alone water, you won't find any info regarding it. The Honda has shown to be a very good ski, if not the fastest.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The latest news is that the MSX150 is in production and will be hitting dealers next month. As stated from the beginning by Polaris, it will be limited production with mid season availability.

Comment

Unknown reliability on the msx 150, 140 is stable though.

The msx hull seems to be able to actually turn, which is a new concept for the Polaris skis.

The hondah is nice, of the several people I know that have them... they have been doing well in all cases but one, where the engine cratered after 5hrs and the entire engine had to be replaced. [no problems after that, on new engine though]

As for modifications, I hate to say it... but the hondah has way more room to grow. Displacement has no replacement when shooting for max power.

I saw two new seadoo supercharged skis out this last sunday. Big things, but were carving the water nicely... it was like a 700lb xp that seated 3.

I can pass the stock MSX 140 with the modified Genesis now. I can only pace the honda f12x on smooth and once the rough water hits I start moving ahead.

Ride them both... see which one fits you. They are both great skis. The hondah has lower hp / liter which would imply better reliability. It seems ever so slightly faster on the water than then 140 but who knows about the 150.

Between the 150 and the hondah my personal money would go hondah, because I would love to push up the HP. If Polaris gave me a 150 to race... well... who could argue with that? I'd be nervous with the 200 hp/liter because my experience in car engines has been 200hp / liter with pump gas starts to demand close attention on details to keep reliable.

Comment

You can't compare the 2-stroke 140 to the 4-stroke 150...and the SC 4-Tec is 900+ Lbs. not 700 [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah... while I agree.... IJSBA has the turbo / supercharged 4 strokes all in the 1200 two stroke racing class with me. So I can't help but compare. [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Dear God, 900 lbs. *deer in headlights look*

[ May 19, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Skexies ]

Comment

Uh yeah but in the SUPERSTOCK class...which isn't even close to the Polaris 1200DI engine.

Comment

don't ask me why, but the 1200 DI msx are in superstock playing as well. [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img] Heck I'm there with my 1200 Genesis. Granted this is endurance stuff not closed course, but we are there!

Did I mention that we are not winning? LOL

[ May 20, 2003, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Skexies ]

Comment

Working...
                X