bilge pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bilge pump

I just finished installing an SBT engine , and now my bilge pump runs constantly - at a very slow speed. It functions normally with the button depressed.
    I have gone over the wiring inside the box , but cant seem to find where I could have messed up any connections.

Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

JB in Holland , MI
    '97 SL1050.
    Always WOT !!!

After a break-in run , the "possesed" bilge pump seems to have fixed itself.
    Always WOT !!!

Comment

My bilge pump still runs by itself at a slow speed - even while sitting in the garage. The problem seems to come and go for no apparent reason.
      Could there be a bad relay or diode?

JB in Holland , MI
      '97 SL1050.
      Always WOT !!!

Comment

On earlier Tigershark models, there is a relay module, seperate from the CDI/ coil box that takes a pulse from the stator to turn it on. When they go bad, they seem to let the pump run at a slooowwww speed as you described.

Comment

Pull your electrical box apart. I have seen a lot with water inside that cause a short circut and rust the circut board. It is a cheap part so if your looks bad get a new one and change it out.
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

The pump on my 96 slt780 will sometimes run for 45 seconds or so after I kill the engine. If I bang a little on the pump it stops. I think there must be some sort of relay in the pump itself that is not breaking the connection. Most of the time it stops as soon as the engine does.

Comment

Open the pump up and take a look.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I had this happen earlier this year after the ski was sitting all winter. I strted it and shut it down several times and my bilge pump kept going. After finally taking it out on the water and riding, it fixed itself and now it doesn't keep running when sgutting off the ski. The only culprit could be the LR-54 or LR-23 relay (can't remember which one off the top of my head) and I was going to change it but since it hasn't done it since right after winterization, I won't be replacing it. There is nothing in the bilge pump itself that needs to be addressed so don't take it apart.

Comment

I just noticed that you posted that after a break in run it fixed itself. Yours sounds the same as mine. I thought it was possessed to [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

SEA LION , thanks for the posts. I thought the problem went away after my first ride with the new engine , but then it came back.

I dont have a wiring schematic , do you know if the relays are replaceable? - or are they soldered to the circuit board ?

JB in Holland , MI
                    1997 SL1050.
                    Always WOT !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X