2000 SLX problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 SLX problem

My SLX wants to porpoise a lot with 2 riders. No mods other than a R&D grate .... Do I need a new ride plate ?

Yes!! Get the ride plate! It makes a huge difference. It will take a mph or 2 but well worth it.

Comment

Which ride plate do you recommend?

Comment

Ocean Pro !!!

Comment

I have a 99 SLX that does the same thing.
          How do you find Ocean Pro and is there more than one ride plate model for SLX's?
          Thanks....

Comment

I think the only place to buy them is on Ebay.

Comment

You can contact Ken from OP directly at 1-800-553-6650. There are 2 plates available. I would get the standard one. The other one is for offshore ocean riding and is 2.5 inches longer than the standard. The tried and true standard one is part #rp24.

Comment

you could try taking your wedge off altogether. I took mine off and love it.
                JOE

Comment

Actually what I'm gonna have soon is no wedge and the Ocean Pro "Ocean" ride plate on my SLXH. O.P. said their .9 mph gain when tested long ago was with no wedge.
                  JOE

Comment

joe96xp, how did you take the pump wedge out? i just tried it and i couldn't tighten it down because when i took the wedge out it made the water pipe on the side to long!??

Comment

I USE A HOSE FOR THE WATER. IT'S FLEXIBLE.
                      JOE

Comment

Working...
                      X