SL 780 Fuel Line Setup / Bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL 780 Fuel Line Setup / Bogging

This is an easy question, I just can't seem to get an answer...

I have a 96 Polaris SL780 and would like to know the fuel line setup on the tank. I have 4 connectors on my Sender/Pickup. They are marked/with the current setup:
    Main - Goes to the shut-off then on to the pump
    Ret. - From the pump
    Resv - Hooks on to a Tee then on to the outside
    Vent - Hooks on to a Tee with Resv. -> outside

The reason I am posting this question...
    I have been having problems with smoke filling the air when trying to ride. This was fixed by a dealer.. But they have not been able to correct the fact the machine boggs down just at random.. No particular RPM???
    I just picked it up last night July 26 2003 from the dealer. They want me to try it again, they told me if it boggs on me to unscrew the Fuel cap and try the machine again???

Thanks for any info,

John

[ July 26, 2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: ondercin ]

Sounds like you could be going into limp mode. The main reason for this is a bad fuel float or low fuel. Does your gauge read full when full? If you are at 1/4 tank or lower, the cdi automatically limits rpm to about 4200 intermitently (limp mode).

Comment

I managed to talk my mechanic to come out to the lake with me...
      He disengaged the Therm. and the machine ran great!!!
      They put one on order to be installed.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Re: SL 780 Fuel Line Setup / Bogging

I Just Had A Question.i Have A 1997 Sl780 Polaris.does This Year Model Have Limp Mode.my Ski Had The Digital Display But It Went Out.i Still Have It Connected Up.some Days It Runs Fine And Than Some Itll Run Good And Than Bog.if Im Doing Hard Cornering Or 360s Especially Is When Itll Kind Of Loose Half Its Power.any Help Would Be Cool.thanks.ALSO OUT OF THE WATER WHILE FLUSHING IT DO THESE HAVE A PINGING LIKE SOUND FROM THE IMPELLER?

Comment

Re: SL 780 Fuel Line Setup / Bogging

I have a simalar problem with my 93 SL 750 fuel system has been flushed and new fuel in it, carbs rebuild by a polaris shop a few days ago but i put it on the water and it just boggs out it is much worse in turns. Max speed about 10 mph

Any Ideas
          Thx Darrell
          91 yamaha vxr 650

93 Polaris SL750

Comment

Working...
          X