Virage, no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virage, no spark

I have a 2002 Virage TX with very low hours that ran fine but now is not getting voltage to the plugs. First time it wouldn't fire for a while, then started and ran OK. Next time no spark at the plugs, fiddled with the kill switch and it then started and ran fine. Thought it had a bad kill switch but now no spark at all. It's still under warranty but I would rather fix it myself. Any ideas, Thanks, GAR

Make sure your battery is FULLY charged.You have to have more than ten volts,or it will not crank.The motor will turn over,but not fire.

Comment

Thanks, but the battery is fully charged. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

Comment

DTH you were right! Dealer had it for a week, tore into the stator, CDI and whatever else was handy and then finally tried replacing the battery, which fixed it. **** thing would hold a charge, show 12 volts, spin the starter but not fire even when hooked to the charger. Sure glad it was all covered under warranty but I still had to replace some of the fasteners he "forgot" to put back. GAR

Comment

Working...
        X