SL750 Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL750 Fuel Pump

Anybody have good luck w/a pump other than an OEM pump? Jetski Mechanic has one for 45.00 that looks good. I was wondering if the increase in pressure would affect pop-off or anything like that.

Thanks!

Vince

The pump he sells is fine, it's just not a 100% bolt on - zip-tie it anywhere near the carbs on the hull.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

VINCE_g: just a word in case you have not seen it already - cause I spent a lot of time checking on this. There are a lot of sellers who call their pumps "high volume" triple pumps. Check Mikuni's website - they only refer to ONE as high volume (pentagon shape) and it is a dual outlet, not a triple. Before you convert because you believe you are going high volume do your homework. I replaced mine with a "high volume" dual outlet for about $40 - and mounted it in the stock position.
      WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
      Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
      Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

I agree with scottso, with only one thing to ponder: unless you're really ramping up the motor for high performance, do you really have to have the "high-volume" pump? I would say probably not. As long as the pump you use is putting enough gas to keep the carb satisifed as it needs it, it seems like a waste. Or is there some factor here I'm not looking at, like preventing fuel-starving in hard turns or something like that? Tech??

I do however recommend making sure your pump is in good order with either a rebuild kit or a complete replacement every few seasons, it's good preventitive maintenance. Don't go to Polaris for a new pump though, the price will drop your jaw to the floor. :D

Comment

The stock 750 pump was inadiqaute to fully supply the carbs. An aftermarket or 780 pump is what's needed.

Comment

ShowMePro1200 - The triples that I was looking at were about the same price as the double that I found - so it was really a no brainer for me. That, and nobody seems to be able to nail down a number as to how much capacity is actually needed. Is the triple enough for a stock motor, yes - most likely. But I have yet to see one person say yes, absolutely.
            WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

Comment

The Polaris pumps new for either the 650/750 and 780 pentagons were over 200.00. That just flat-out price gouging IMOP.

I bought a new triple outlet from parker Yamaha for under 30.00. But now that you guys mentioned it, I should of bought that pentagon dual outlet pump - dam!!! Cause the oem setup is just a tee'd off single line - the dual would of fit nicely!

Oh well

thanks for the help.

Vince

Comment

Now I'm wondering, is the pump I bought OK?

Its the Mikuni DF52-92, 35 Liter/Hour.

Thanks
                Vince

Comment

Originally posted by VINCE_g:
                  Now I'm wondering, is the pump I bought OK?

Its the Mikuni DF52-92, 35 Liter/Hour.

Thanks
                  Vince
                  I know what you are going through - I had the same concerns. All I needed to do is find flow statistics on the stock pump, and/or demand statistics for the 750 at WOT. I was never able to find either - so I erred on the side of caution - you can have too little fuel from your pump, but not too much.
                  WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

Comment

Regarding fuel pumps - if you don't need it today, go to the mikuni web site to familiarize yourself with the pumps, pick out the ones that will work, then go to ebay and buy it. Many out there. I just got the high vol pump (65 lph) for $10.25. Within a couple weeks, the pump you need will likely be for sale.

Comment

Vince_g: I think you're fine with the new triple outlet pump. My boat ran for 7 years without so much as a cough on the original pump. But hey more is better, right? The most improtant thing is the ounce of prevention by putting on a new pump before the old one gives out.

Alswager: If you really got a new Mikuni high volume pump for $10.25, you got a sweet deal! Shipping wasn't $95, was it? [img]/graemlins/cwm27.gif[/img]

Cheers!

Comment

It was used, not new. Sorry I was not clear on that. It looks new, but the gamble will be mine come spring. And shipping was additional $6.

Comment

Still a great deal, even if you opt to do a rebuild kit on it.

Comment

Okay my first task with this Ski is to replace the fuel pump. Being Mr. thrifty, I got a new Mikuni pump off of Ebay and of course it came with no installation instructions. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks

Comment

Do a search here, there are schematics posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X