SL650/SLX780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL650/SLX780

Ok here's my problem, I have a 95 SL650 and found a 96 SLX780 complete for 200 bucks my 650 runs but I would like to put the 780 engine and some other parts in the 650 now here's the problem with the 780 engine it needs new connecting rods if I replace them what else should I replace while im in the engine. Also what kinda Horsepower would I be looking at with the upgraded engine? Any suggestions on this matter please post up. SBT do you have any suggestion on what I should buy from yall LOL...

Personally, I think after you crunch the cost figures on everything you'll be buying for the 780 (crank, pistons, rings, gaskets), and take the 1-year no-fault warranty into account, you'll find the SBT "whole-engine" option to be one worth taking a second look at. Unless you are wanting to do some extra "building" on your motor (removal of heads voids the warranty).

However, I've not bought from SBT (I have friends who have), so I'll let the more experienced folks interject here.

[ March 01, 2004, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: ShowMePro1200 ]

Comment

I was thinking about that but i wanted all the options first 900 bucks aint bad for a brand spankin new engine but I would like to see what other ideas lay out there. Does anyone know how much HP these 780 engines have to offer? Thanks again for the advice

Comment

'Needs rods' means needs a new crank. Thats $375. Internal Gasket kit, $50. Your labor, your testing, 90 day warrantee on the crank only. If the top-end is also bad, That's as much in parts as a complete engine. You're call - but you won't have a clear idea until you can do a full assesment of the 780.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X